Yesterday one boy asked me about what is continent? I told him that people divide earth into seven parts, and these parts call continent. But he still could not understand that. I opened a computer, and I googled the world map for him. I showed the seven different continents to him. He understood that very quickly.
Therefore, being an e-teacher is very important. Technology also provide us new ways to teaching and learning.
My questions are:
1. Computer is very good and important for teaching, however, everything has two sides. What will we do if students play computer games all the time?
2. How should teachers do if they do not or have very few technology in their classroom?
I think that you have good questions regarding teaching in the technological age. Question two is especailly important, what do we as educators do if the schools we are teaching at cannot (or will not) provide computers for our students? I hope that is something we can explore in class, such as how to persuade administration to help us get the resources we need. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteBeing an E teacher is key in todays society on some level because all children now are starting to use technology younger and younger. I think the best and most effective way is to use technology as an asset as a tool to help them learn instead of trying to not use technology at all. I think you are stil be an effective teacher without using technology but i feel that why not use something the children experience everyday to help you teach.
ReplyDelete