Nowadays, we have a lot of ways to teach students. Teachers need to use different technology to make students interested in what you are going to teach. Ms. Lithe told me that we can use different songs to get students attention. We use Dora's clean up song when we clean up. It is very useful. Kids like music, and many girls like Dora. Kids start to clean up when they heard about the song. Today I give them wash hands song. It is also made them better behaved than before when are washing their hands.
Chapter 2 mentioned to use technology to do the group work. Since I have very young students. I decide to use different ways to do the group work. I made them into different groups, and give them theme--autumn to talk about. I put their result in the computer, making different pictures by what they were talking about. I even find a game quiz online to make them know more about autumn. In the end, Ms. Beth (the other teacher in our class) found a video about autumn to show. This made kids very interested in the theme.
Here are my questions:
What can we do to balance every student? Everyone has different interests. One may think it is interesting, others may think it is boring.
I like that you brought up the fact that the internet is a HUGE resource for teachers. Just by doing my homework and projects in St. John's thus far, I have found so many useful tips, strategies, ideas, lesson plans, quizzes, and games that can enhance my teaching delivery.
ReplyDelete