This chapter is about using technology to find teaching material and teach in the class. I used to use Google to find out how to decorate my classroom door. I found a lot of ideas from others classroom doors:some teachers decorate their classroom door like a tree, and all children's names are leaves on the tree; some teachers decorate their classroom door like a sea, all children's name are on different fish. Ms. Beth and I decided to let our classroom door to be a grass, the children's names are on the different color of bunnies. It turns out every kid likes that very much. It also helps kids to remember their and their friends' name very fast.
This chapter also mentioned about using technology to assess students. I download some apps in my ipad to teach students about math and counting. This could help Ms. Beth and I to assess how much did students learnt. We teach kids weekdays recently. Most of them cannot remember weekdays exactly. There is also another apps for kids to help them remember what is today, yesterday or tomorrow. I think the apps will help students a lot for their learning.
Question:
1. Is there any website that we can post our mind and talk with other teachers online?
2. How can we have kids attention all the time, if we use ipad or computer too long, they might want to play some other games in ipad.
I have also used the internet for ideas that I incorporated into my curriculum. It can be very helpful for teachers looking for new ideas instead of using the same ideas over and over.
ReplyDelete"Get advice and share inspiration with teachers everywhere."
ReplyDelete-Teachability is a place where teachers get advice and share the things that inspire them. It's based on a simple, but powerful notion: When teachers collaborate, they get better. And when teachers get better, students win!
http://www.teachability.com
I joined this site, myself and there are a great deal of categories, including one section titled, "1st Year Teachers."
I found this video (teachability) on using the iPad in the classroom for students with special needs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dECs3SRh8Xo&feature=player_embedded