Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chapter 6 Reflection

This chapter shows us websites that we can use for our future teaching career. Learning how to use different website helps us with communicate with other teachers from different places. It can also helps us inspire the idea of teaching.

I logged in one website on the text book: www.diigo.com. I found some teachers are sharing their rubrics on the website which is very helpful for new teacher like me. We can share our resources and ideas on diigo.com.

I also find a very good website:  http://teachers.net/


We can find lesson plans on this website, it shows us different grades which is very convenient for us to find out what are we looking for. We can also communicate with other teachers on this website. At the mean time, we can share the information of teachers.net with Facebook or Twitter to share with more people.

Questions:
1.   If everyone in the classroom has a computer, how do teachers involve all the students attention?

2 comments:

  1. I think it can be a challenge for teachers to get the attention of all of the students in the classroom when computers are being used. I think June does it very well when she has us turn our screens towards us. Students can also push keyboards or the mouse out of reach, or turn off the monitor, while the teacher is speaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is also because we are adults. I think we can not make all students pay attention to teachers all the time. June's idea is very good, I also saw a teacher who walking around in the classroom to see if students are really use computer to study.

      Delete