This chapter is talking about how the Assistance Technology (AT) can help a lot of children to make their dreams come true. I never think about how those disabled students live and learn before I read this chapter, and I never think about how they can live as a normal person before I read this chapter. The AT make they can live as a normal person. There are something that we think is easy to do are not as easy as disabled students. They may have to spend twice or even more time to practice to do the same thing as a normal person. There are some students who can not walking, writing, speaking....AT help them to do those things by themselves. Therefore, AT is really important in teaching those disabled students.
I think it is necessary to teach disabled students to use AT as early as possible. The early they get use to AT, the fast they can learn as regular students. As future teachers, if we have students need to use AT to help their study, we need more patience to those students. They need more confidence, they need more help and they need more love. All the students may become future physicists or future scientists. The disabled students maybe disabled physically, however, they have healthy brain as all the other students. Maybe they can create more AT to help more people because no one can understand those pain like themselves.
I definitely think it is a great idea to teach disabled students how to to use assistive technology as early as possible. The students that are using the technology can receive more benefits from it the earlier that they begin using it.
ReplyDeletethank you~
Delete